Publish Date: January 2021 – Revision 1 – Review Date: March 2021
The following Method Statement has been developed to provide a safe system of work to control and prevent the spread of infection to customers and staff/vehicles before, during and after the hire of our equipment. It describes how we will clean and disinfect the equipment we hire out for sleepover parties and other similar events. Infection could include Covid-19 Corona Virus, Influenza or Salmonella. This method statement will be reviewed every 3 months or sooner should there be a rise in cases of Covid-19 Corona Virus.
The following items will be cleaned in accordance with the NHS guidance for the Control and Prevention of Infection:
- Bed sheets and blankets
- Tent covers
- Cushion covers
- Mattresses (air beds used)
- The bed sheets, blankets, cushion covers and tent covers will be placed in a washing machine and washed with a non-biological laundry detergent at 60 degrees. A measured of non biological laundry antibacterial fluid will be added to each wash. Linen will be removed from the washing machine as soon as it is finished to prevent growth and spread of bacteria from the damp environment in the machine.
- Once the linen is thoroughly dry, we will wash our hands with soap and dry them using disposable towels. We will place the linen in clean sealed bags and leave for 72 hours to ensure no virus or bacteria remain alive prior to its use.
- Tent covers that cannot be washed at 60 degrees due to possible shrinkage will be placed in a washing machine and washed with non biological laundry detergent at 40 degrees. A measure of non biological antibacterial laundry fluid will be added to each wash. The same measures as above (2) will be used once the covers are thoroughly dry.
- Air Bed mattresses will be hand washed/wiped with warm water and antibacterial fluid. Once thoroughly dry, the same measures as above (2) will be used.
The following items will be cleaned in accordance with the UK Government Guidance on cleaning in non-healthcare settings outside the home:
- Plastic Trays and bowls
- Plastic portable lighting
- Wooden tent poles
- All hard surfaces will be washed with a warm solution of combined detergent disinfectant solution and left to dry naturally.
- Once dry, we will wash our hands with soap and water and dry them with disposable towels. We will place the equipment into clean storage bags and leave them for 72 hours to ensure no virus or bacteria remains prior to its use.